Friday, May 8, 2020

FREE-The Soldier-Alien in the Delta FREE-The Adult-Alien in the Delta


Alien in the Delta ( 2 book)



Alien in the Delta by Thankful Strother is a memoir of notable events and observations from the author's life. It is a short, yet entertaining book which gives readers a glimpse into a particular period of American history.


Alien in the Delta is a memoir highlighting events over thirty-five years, starting with my earliest memory growing up as a poor boy in the rural, segregated south in the ’50s. After graduating from high school joined the United States Air Force stationed at Ramstein Air Force Base in Germany for four years. While there, I learned to speak the language and met my wife. We returned to the USA and started a family in Detroit, Michigan. I obtained a job as an assembly line inspector at Ford Motor Company, attending school at night and weekends studying computer programming. Upon completion of my studies, I went to work as a computer programmer for NCR Corporation. This opportunity led to a career in sales and management with both NCR and AT&T Corporation.

This book was written based on stories that I had told my daughter while growing up. Before writing the book, I spent a year finding out about my ancestors. I felt this was an excellent time to write about what had happened in my life and include additional information about my family.